- Director, Urologic Oncology, Saint Agnes Hospital
Dr. Bishoy Gayed is the director of urologic oncology at Saint Agnes Hospital. Dr. Gayed completed his fellowship training in urologic oncology at the University of Texas Southwestern. He specializes in the treatment and management of kidney, prostate, bladder, ureteral, testicular, penile, and adrenal cancers, including the use of robotics, laparoscopy, focal therapy, and open surgical techniques. He also focuses on urinary diversion (continent and incontinent).
Dr. Gayed has published over 25 articles, written multiple book chapters, and presented at numerous local and national meetings in the field of urologic oncology.
He typically employs a team approach to the management of his patients in which multiple physicians discuss the best treatment for the patient. Dr. Gayed believes that the patient is the most important member of the team and making sure they are as informed as possible is critical to achieving optimal results and patient satisfaction.
American Board of Urology
Advanced Prostate Cancer Treatment, Prostate Cancer, Urologic cancers, Urinary diversion, Minially invasive robotic surgery, Laparoscopic surgery
- University Missouri Kansas City, Combined M.D. and B.A. Degrees
- University of Michigan, Urology Research Fellowship
- Vanderbilt Medical Center, Clinical Internship, General Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Clinical Residency, General Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Clinical Residency, Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Clinical Fellowship, Urologic Oncology
Fluent in English and Arabic; Experienced in French
St. Agnes Hospital CampusAngelos Medical Pavilion3407 Wilkens Ave., Suite 210Baltimore, MD 21229410-644-0929 - Office410-644-4338 - Fax