As one of the largest urology practices in Maryland, Chesapeake Urology is dedicated to giving back to the community in which we serve.
Our mission drives every aspect of our organization and everything we do. We are integrating this mindset throughout the organization so that we will make a positive difference in the life of every patient. We work to achieve an experience that exceeds all the needs and expectations of each patient.
One of Chesapeake Urology's core values is to support and give back to the community.
We do so in several ways, including:
- Prostate Cancer programs including free screenings, community awareness and education as well as funding for research
- Educational programs which includes our Chesapeake Urology Associates scholarships with local schools and community education seminars
- Employee engagement - All of our employees get involved in community activities through various company sponsored events
Dr. Sanford J. Siegel, President and CEO of Chesapeake Urology, is a big believer in giving back to the community. As a result, he founded the Great Prostate Cancer Challenge in 2007 to raise awareness and funding to end prostate cancer. This event has grown to a national level - learn more about ZERO: The Project to End Prostate Cancer. He also:
- Initiated the Chesapeake Urology Scholarship Fund in conjunction with the Central Scholarship Bureau
- Established the Chesapeake Urology Prostate Cancer Scholar Fund, a permanently endowed research scholarship through the Urology Care Foundation, Official Foundation of the American Urology Association
- Is a member of multiple boards, including ZERO-The End of Prostate Cancer; Central Scholarship Bureau; and the Park Heights Community Health Alliance (PHCHA).
A FOCUS ON PROSTATE CANCER - ZERO PROSTATE CANCER CHALLENGE
The ZERO Baltimore race is part of the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge-the premier men’s health event series in America that takes place in 38 cities across the country. Presented by Chesapeake Urology, this tight-knit community activity brings together athletes, doctors, cancer survivors and those who care about ending prostate cancer with a goal of ending prostate cancer by funding research and providing free testing and education.
ZERO-The End of Prostate Cancer, a nonprofit, is the primary recipient of the proceeds. A large portion of the funds raised stay directly in Baltimore to help educate men about this deadly disease and to provide free screenings, especially for African-American men who have a 60 percent greater risk factor.
The doctors and staff at Chesapeake Urology are committed to fighting prostate cancer.
Learn more about ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge and upcoming events here.
ADDRESSING HEALTHCARE DISPARITIES IN OUR COMMUNITY
Since 2007, Chesapeake Urology Associates' partnership with African American churches has provided 4,800 free prostate cancer screenings to those in need. These screenings promote preventive care, create awareness in under-served populations and brings physicians into the communities.
To date, we have provide more than 4,800 free prostate cancer screenings to men throughout our area.
More Information On Our FREE Prostate Cancer Screenings HERE.
Here is a sampling of our commitment to education:
- Central Scholarship Bureau - Chesapeake Urology Associates Scholarship provides up to $20,000/year for the annual fund to Students in Medicine, Nursing and Ancillary Health Fields.
- Chesapeake Urology Prostate Cancer Research Scholar Fund $1 million commitment has been met
- Free patient education seminars
- Man to Man support groups
- Physician speaking engagements
Chesapeake Urology employees are very involved in giving back to those in need within the community and participate in a number of activities and events to suport local organizations that help those in need. Some of the ways our employees give back include:
- 10 Prostate Cancer Screening events throughout the year where our physicians and employees volunteer
- The ZERO Baltimore 10K and 5K Run and 1 Mile Fun Walk- Participation and volunteer support from physicians and staff
- Office blood drives
- Holiday giving programs for the needy including:
- Thanksgiving food drive: The Bea Gaddy Center's Thanks for Giving Dinner
- Holiday food and gift drive
Giving back to our community is one of Chesapeake Urology's core values!