When you think of the practice of urology, do you think of women’s health?
If not, you should.
Many women associate the practice of urology with men's health and often do not realize why choosing a female urology specialist for pelvic health and female urologic conditions is so important.
What it really comes down to is educating women that there are doctors and resources available to care for their most personal, urologic health needs. Urologists who focus on female urology specialize in conditions that affect women from the belly button down. These conditions include:
- Bladder control issues such as overactive bladder (OAB) and stress urinary incontinence
- Interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery (performed by Chesapeake Urology’s dedicated urogynecologist)
- Neuro-urologic issues and neurogenic bladder, conditions often associated with chronic diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- Chronic urinary tract infections
- Female sexual dysfunction and reproductive issues
- Urologic cancer (like bladder and kidney cancer)
A Urology Team Dedicated to Women
Chesapeake Urology's team of specialists focus on women's most personal health care issues, providing the focused and expert care needed for specific women's urologic conditions. In fact, Chesapeake Urology is the only urology practice in the region with a dedicated women’s urology program. Complemented by a team of women’s health specialists including women’s health physical therapists, a women’s health nurse practitioner, a patient navigator and others, women have a urology program that focuses on them, right down to the private women’s bathroom.
Women - Take Charge of Your Urologic Health
Women, it’s time to take charge of your urologic health and now you have the resources and female urology specialists on your side to care for your most personal urologic needs.
Meet Our Team of Women’s Urology Specialists.
Learn more about our team of physicians specializing in female urologic conditions - http://womenshealth.chesapeakeurology.com/our-team/urinary-incontinence-and-pelvic-health-physicians/
Visit http://womenshealth.chesapeakeurology.com or call Chesapeake Urology’s Women’s Personal Health program to learn more: 877-771-9508.