Other COVID-19 Information You Need To Know
Possible Disruptions To Our Regular Schedule
Due to events related to COVID-19, our office or surgical center schedules could potentially be impacted. We will notify patients as soon as possible should any changes to scheduled office or surgery center appointments become necessary.
How is Chesapeake Urology Monitoring the Situation?
To protect the health and safety or our patients, physicians, and staff, we are closely monitoring and following the recommendations of the CDC and state and local health departments. We are keeping our employees abreast of all developments and changes and providing updates on our website at chesapeakeurology.com.
Prevention is Essential
You can reduce your risk of infection by following hygiene recommendations. The CDC recommends the following standard precautions for protecting yourself against COVID-19:
Know How it Spreads
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Practice Social Distancing. Put distance between yourself and other people – stay 6 feet away from others.
Take Steps to Protect Others
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- If you cough or sneeze:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- If you are sick, you should isolate yourself and contact your primary care physician or the local health department.
- If you are not sick, you do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick and that person is not able to wear a facemask.
- Clean and disinfect.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
If you have questions or concerns, please call us at 866-953-3111. We will post updates on our website at Chesapeakeurology.com as new details become available. Thank you and we wish you good health.
More Important Information
Appointments & Information
*If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Please provide your email address and phone number and a Chesapeake Urology representative will contact you shortly to assist with your question or issue.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.