Thankful for Our Doctors – Celebrating National Doctor’s Day
Published On: 03/30/2017
In honor of National Doctor’s Day, celebrated each year on March 30th, Chesapeake Urology says “Thank You” to our team of dedicated and passionate doctors. Doctor’s Day reminds us of the exceptional contributions our physicians make to the field of urology and the constant dedication they have to serving those who come to them in need of superior care. And, while today is one day dedicated to doctors, Chesapeake Urology is grateful for the amazing work of our talented physicians every day of the year.
To help celebrate this special day, following are some interesting facts about the wonderful physicians that comprise our world-class urology practice and deliver superior care to every patient.
Did you know?
- Chesapeake Urology is the largest urology practice in Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic region, and one of the leading urology practices in the nation. Our physicians offer patients the most advanced urologic care available today and serve men, women and children in Maryland, as well as people from other parts of the country.
- We have 55 urologists including 21 fellowship-trained physicians, four radiation oncologists, a urogynecologist as well as a uropathologist.
- Thirteen of our urologists are Chiefs of Urology in local hospitals throughout Maryland.
- We have urologists who are dedicated urologic consultants for the Baltimore Ravens and the Baltimore Orioles.
Chesapeake Urology “Firsts”
So many of our doctors are pioneers in the field of urology, shaping the future of urologic surgery with these “firsts”:
- First in the nation to perform tubeless PCNL surgery in an ambulatory surgical center.
- First in the Mid-Atlantic area to remove a kidney stone percutaneously (without a surgical incision).
- First to perform a robotic prostatectomy in the Baltimore area. In fact, our urologists have performed more than 1,500 successful robotic surgeries.
- First in the Mid-Atlantic region to implant a penile prosthesis.
- First in Maryland/Pennsylvania/Delaware/Virginia/West Virginia to offer male and female aesthetic procedures (Chesapeake Aesthetic Surgery/Laser Rejuvenation Institute of Baltimore/Washington, DC).
- First in Maryland to perform SpaceOar prostate injection for radiation therapy patients.
Leading the Way in Research
Chesapeake Urology also has one of the leading urologic research programs in the U.S. The medical director of our research arm, Chesapeake Urology Research Associates, has conducted more than 200 Phase I, II and III clinical trials covering a range of urologic conditions.
Giving Back to the Community
In addition to excellence in medical care, our doctors are also committed to the Chesapeake Urology value of giving back to the community. Every year, our doctors participate in:
- Our free prostate cancer screening events, helping to identify at-risk men throughout the greater Baltimore region.
- The ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge, Chesapeake Urology’s largest event that has raised $3.5 million and provided for 8,000 free prostate cancer screenings since 2007.
- The annual employee blood drive, book, holiday and food drives.
- Free community education seminars, presenting valuable education to patients and loved ones on a variety of urology topics throughout the year.
On this Doctor’s Day, and every day, Chesapeake Urology is thankful for all of our doctors who pour their hearts into caring for our patients and helping to advance the field of urology for the future.
Get to know our doctors – visit http://www.chesapeakeurology.com/physicians/.