Benjamin H. Lowentritt, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery and Robotics, Chesapeake Urology Associates
- Director, Prostate Cancer Care Program, Chesapeake Urology Associates
- Past President, Baltimore City Medical Society
Dr. Lowentritt has a general urology practice with a focus on minimally invasive techniques to treat urological conditions. His expertise includes robotic, laparoscopic, and endoscopic management of renal, bladder, and prostate cancer, as well as minimally invasive options for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), kidney stones, pelvic organ prolapse, and ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
Dr. Lowentritt has been at the forefront of robotic urology procedures and was the first surgeon in Maryland to perform robot assisted surgery for bladder cancer.
He has authored numerous articles and chapters on subjects including robotic surgery, erectile dysfunction, pediatric urology, female urology and the urological management of patients after renal transplantation.
Dr. Lowentritt has been selected as a "Super Doctor" by his peers in The Washington Post magazine and as a "Top Doctor" in Baltimore magazine numerous times. Dr. Lowentritt serves on the Board of Directors for the Baltimore City Medical Society.
- Harvard College, A.B., History of Science, Magna Cum Laude
- Baylor College of Medicine, M.D.
- University of Maryland Medical System General Surgery Residency
- University of Maryland Medical System Urology Residency
- Tulane University Medical Center Fellowship in robotic, laparoscopic, and advanced endoscopic urology