Kannan Manickam, M.D.
Dr. Manickam is fellowship trained in voiding dysfunction and specializes in urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse using minimally invasive techniques and technology. He also treats male and female patients with various urologic conditions ranging from kidney stone disease to enlarged prostate. He also performs the UroLift procedure for the treatment of BPH/enlarged prostate.
Dr. Manickam is an active member of the American Urologic Association and has presented at national conferences and published articles related to urology. Dr. Manickam has been practicing urology since 2003. He had served as chief of urology at a local hospital in Indiana prior to joining Chesapeake Urology in 2010.
- University of Illnois at Urbana, B.S.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, M.D.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, General Surgery Internship
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Urology, Urology Residency
- Cleveland Clinic Florida, Fellowship in Female Urology and Urodynamics, Pelvic Floor and Urinary Reconstruction, and Sacral Neural Modulation