Mark T. Edney, M.D.
- Medical Director, Peninsula Institute for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Peninsula Regional Medical Center
Dr. Edney has been a urologist with Peninsula Urology, now Chesapeake Urology, since 2004. His clinical interests are in laparoscopic and robotic surgery including robotic prostatectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy, robotic pyeloplasty, and laparoscopic nephrectomy and renal cryotherapy. He also sees adult and pediatric patients with the full range of general urologic problems.
Dr. Edney is also a staff urologist at Peninsula Regional Medical Center (PRMC) in Salisbury, MD and holds several leadership positions including Medical Director, Peninsula Institute for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, PRMC; President, Maryland Urologists for Patient Access and Care; Surgical Process Improvement Advisor, PRMC; Chief of Surgery at PRMC; Member of the Legislative Affairs Committee, American Urological Association; and a Mid-Atlantic AUA representative to the AUA Health Policy Council. He has also served in the United States military as a Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army Reserve.
- St. Anselm College, Manchester, NH, Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry, Magna Cum Laude
- Dartmouth Medical School, Doctor of Medicine
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Internship, General Surgery
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Urology residency