Rian J. Dickstein, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Director, Bladder Cancer Program, Chesapeake Urology
- Chief of Urology, University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Cancer Liaison Physician for the Tate Cancer Center at The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Department of Surgery at University of Maryland School of Medicine
Dr. Dickstein is a urologic oncologist who trained at the world-renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Dr. Dickstein focuses on all urologic cancers and specializes in open, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. His expertise includes the treatment of bladder cancer (non-invasive and locally advanced), kidney cancer (small or locally advanced tumors), and prostate cancer (including primary and salvage surgery for complex cases).
Dr. Dickstein also specializes in the treatment of testicular and penile cancers. He has published numerous articles on urologic cancers in multiple medical journals and has presented at national meetings on subjects primarily related to bladder and penile cancers.
He is a member of the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) Scientific Advisory Board, which is composed of distinguished leading academic urologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, and pathologists working within the bladder cancer field, representing many of the major cancer centers in the U.S and Canada.
Dr. Dickstein received a Merit Award for the 2011 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium by the American Society of Clinical Oncology, was a first place winner of the Max K. Willscher Resident Research Award competition at the New England Section of the American Urologic Association, and he was presented with the Editor's Award of Excellence for an Original Study from the Uro Today International Journal.
Dr. Dickstein was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society while he was in medical school.
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Urologic Oncology Fellowship
- Boston Medical Center (Boston University), Urology Residency
- Boston Medical Center (Boston University), General Surgery Internship
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, M.D.
- Rutgers University, B.A.